Nazema Yusuf Siddiqui, MD
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Research on pelvic floor disorders. Specific interests include: 1) pathophysiology of overactive bladder with particular emphasis on epigenetic mechanisms; and 2) studying the urinary microbiome with aging and in women with recurrent urinary tract infection. Additional interests include clinical outcomes research after surgery for prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Office Location: 5324 McFarland Drive Suite 310, Box 3912, Durham, NC 27617
- Office Phone: (919) 401-1000
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University School of Medicine, 2010
- MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- M.H.S.C.R. Duke University School of Medicine, 2010
- M.D. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 2001
Epigenomics of overactive bladder/urgency urinary incontinence
Urinary microbiome with aging and with recurrent urinary tract infections
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- APGO Academic Scholars and Leaders Program. APGO. 2012
- Snyderman Research in Medical Education Award. Duke University. 2008
- AAGL Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures. AAGL. 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. University of Michigan Medical School. 2001
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award. University of Michigan Medical School. 2001
In the News
- 9 Home Remedies for Preventing and Treating UTIs (Apr 26, 2018 | Health.com)
- Kawasaki, A; Wu, JM; Amundsen, CL; Weidner, AC; Judd, JP; Balk, EM; Siddiqui, NY, Do urodynamic parameters predict persistent postoperative stress incontinence after midurethral sling? A systematic review., Int Urogynecol J, vol 23 no. 7 (2012), pp. 813-822 [10.1007/s00192-012-1693-3] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Geller, EJ; Visco, AG, Symptomatic and anatomic 1-year outcomes after robotic and abdominal sacrocolpopexy., American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 206 no. 5 (2012), pp. 435.e1-435.e5 [10.1016/j.ajog.2012.01.035] [abs].
- Dieter, AA; Amundsen, CL; Visco, AG; Siddiqui, NY, Treatment for urinary tract infection after midurethral sling: a retrospective study comparing patients who receive short-term postoperative catheterization and patients who pass a void trial on the day of surgery., Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, vol 18 no. 3 (2012), pp. 175-178 [10.1097/SPV.0b013e3182544e03] [abs].
- Bradley, SL; Weidner, AC; Siddiqui, NY; Gandhi, MP; Wu, JM, Shifts in national rates of inpatient prolapse surgery emphasize current coding inadequacies., Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, vol 17 no. 4 (2011), pp. 204-208 [10.1097/SPV.0b013e3182254cf1] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Amundsen, CL; Corey, EG; Wu, JM, Lead migration after sacral neuromodulation: surgical revision in fascial versus tined anchoring systems., Int Urogynecol J, vol 22 no. 4 (2011), pp. 419-423 [10.1007/s00192-010-1285-z] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Mitchell, TRT; Bentley, RC; Weidner, AC, Neural entrapment during uterosacral ligament suspension: an anatomic study of female cadavers., Obstet Gynecol, vol 116 no. 3 (2010), pp. 708-713 [10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181ec658a] [abs].
- Judd, JP; Siddiqui, NY; Barnett, JC; Visco, AG; Havrilesky, LJ; Wu, JM, Cost-minimization analysis of robotic-assisted, laparoscopic, and abdominal sacrocolpopexy., Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol 17 no. 4 (2010), pp. 493-499 [10.1016/j.jmig.2010.03.011] [abs].
- Bradley, CS; Rahn, DD; Nygaard, IE; Barber, MD; Nager, CW; Kenton, KS; Siddiqui, NY; Abel, RB; Spino, C; Richter, HE, The questionnaire for urinary incontinence diagnosis (QUID): validity and responsiveness to change in women undergoing non-surgical therapies for treatment of stress predominant urinary incontinence., Neurourol Urodyn, vol 29 no. 5 (2010), pp. 727-734 [10.1002/nau.20818] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Wu, JM; Amundsen, CL, Efficacy and adverse events of sacral nerve stimulation for overactive bladder: A systematic review., Neurourol Urodyn, vol 29 Suppl 1 (2010), pp. S18-S23 [10.1002/nau.20786] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Amundsen, CL; Visco, AG; Myers, ER; Wu, JM, Cost-effectiveness of sacral neuromodulation versus intravesical botulinum A toxin for treatment of refractory urge incontinence., The Journal of Urology, vol 182 no. 6 (2009), pp. 2799-2804 [10.1016/j.juro.2009.08.031] [abs].
- Wu, JM; Siddiqui, NY; Amundsen, CL; Myers, ER; Havrilesky, LJ; Visco, AG, Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin a versus anticholinergic medications for idiopathic urge incontinence., The Journal of Urology, vol 181 no. 5 (2009), pp. 2181-2186 [10.1016/j.juro.2009.01.037] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Stepp, KJ; Lasch, SJ; Mangel, JM; Wu, JM, Objective structured assessment of technical skills for repair of fourth-degree perineal lacerations., American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 199 no. 6 (2008), pp. 676.e1-676.e6 [10.1016/j.ajog.2008.07.054] [abs].
- Geller, EJ; Siddiqui, NY; Wu, JM; Visco, AG, Short-term outcomes of robotic sacrocolpopexy compared with abdominal sacrocolpopexy., Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 112 no. 6 (2008), pp. 1201-1206 [10.1097/AOG.0b013e31818ce394] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Paraiso, MFR, Vesicovaginal fistula due to an unreported foreign body in an adolescent., Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, vol 20 no. 4 (2007), pp. 253-255 [10.1016/j.jpag.2006.10.003] [abs].
- Stepp, KJ; Siddiqui, NY; Emery, SP; Barber, MD, Textbook recommendations for preventing and treating perineal injury at vaginal delivery., Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 107 no. 2 Pt 1 (2006), pp. 361-366 [10.1097/01.AOG.0000196502.33265.a4] [abs].