Nazema Yusuf Siddiqui, MD
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Research on pelvic floor disorders. Specific interests include: 1) studying the urinary microbiome in aging, recurrent urinary tract infections, and overactive bladder; 2) pathophysiology of overactive bladder with particular emphasis on translational biology.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Office Location: 5324 McFarland Drive Suite 310, Box 3912, Durham, NC 27617
- Office Phone: (919) 401-1000
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University School of Medicine, 2010
- MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- M.H.S.C.R. Duke University School of Medicine, 2010
- M.D. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2001
Urinary microbiome with aging and with recurrent urinary tract infections
Epigenomics of overactive bladder/urgency urinary incontinence
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- 2020 Jeffrey H. Silverstein Memorial Award for Emerging Investigators in the Surgical and Related Medical Specialties. American Geriatrics Society. 2020
- APGO Academic Scholars and Leaders Program. APGO. 2012
- Snyderman Research in Medical Education Award. Duke University. 2008
- AAGL Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures. AAGL. 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. University of Michigan Medical School. 2001
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award. University of Michigan Medical School. 2001
In the News
- 9 Home Remedies for Preventing and Treating UTIs (Apr 26, 2018 | Health.com)
- Kawasaki, A; Wu, JM; Amundsen, CL; Weidner, AC; Judd, JP; Balk, EM; Siddiqui, NY, Do urodynamic parameters predict persistent postoperative stress incontinence after midurethral sling? A systematic review., Int Urogynecol J, vol 23 no. 7 (2012), pp. 813-822 [10.1007/s00192-012-1693-3] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Geller, EJ; Visco, AG, Symptomatic and anatomic 1-year outcomes after robotic and abdominal sacrocolpopexy., American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 206 no. 5 (2012), pp. 435.e1-435.e5 [10.1016/j.ajog.2012.01.035] [abs].
- Dieter, AA; Amundsen, CL; Visco, AG; Siddiqui, NY, Treatment for urinary tract infection after midurethral sling: a retrospective study comparing patients who receive short-term postoperative catheterization and patients who pass a void trial on the day of surgery., Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, vol 18 no. 3 (2012), pp. 175-178 [10.1097/SPV.0b013e3182544e03] [abs].
- Bradley, SL; Weidner, AC; Siddiqui, NY; Gandhi, MP; Wu, JM, Shifts in national rates of inpatient prolapse surgery emphasize current coding inadequacies., Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, vol 17 no. 4 (2011), pp. 204-208 [10.1097/SPV.0b013e3182254cf1] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Amundsen, CL; Corey, EG; Wu, JM, Lead migration after sacral neuromodulation: surgical revision in fascial versus tined anchoring systems., Int Urogynecol J, vol 22 no. 4 (2011), pp. 419-423 [10.1007/s00192-010-1285-z] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Mitchell, TRT; Bentley, RC; Weidner, AC, Neural entrapment during uterosacral ligament suspension: an anatomic study of female cadavers., Obstet Gynecol, vol 116 no. 3 (2010), pp. 708-713 [10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181ec658a] [abs].
- Judd, JP; Siddiqui, NY; Barnett, JC; Visco, AG; Havrilesky, LJ; Wu, JM, Cost-minimization analysis of robotic-assisted, laparoscopic, and abdominal sacrocolpopexy., Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol 17 no. 4 (2010), pp. 493-499 [10.1016/j.jmig.2010.03.011] [abs].
- Bradley, CS; Rahn, DD; Nygaard, IE; Barber, MD; Nager, CW; Kenton, KS; Siddiqui, NY; Abel, RB; Spino, C; Richter, HE, The questionnaire for urinary incontinence diagnosis (QUID): validity and responsiveness to change in women undergoing non-surgical therapies for treatment of stress predominant urinary incontinence., Neurourol Urodyn, vol 29 no. 5 (2010), pp. 727-734 [10.1002/nau.20818] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Wu, JM; Amundsen, CL, Efficacy and adverse events of sacral nerve stimulation for overactive bladder: A systematic review., Neurourol Urodyn, vol 29 Suppl 1 (2010), pp. S18-S23 [10.1002/nau.20786] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Amundsen, CL; Visco, AG; Myers, ER; Wu, JM, Cost-effectiveness of sacral neuromodulation versus intravesical botulinum A toxin for treatment of refractory urge incontinence., The Journal of Urology, vol 182 no. 6 (2009), pp. 2799-2804 [10.1016/j.juro.2009.08.031] [abs].
- Wu, JM; Siddiqui, NY; Amundsen, CL; Myers, ER; Havrilesky, LJ; Visco, AG, Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin a versus anticholinergic medications for idiopathic urge incontinence., The Journal of Urology, vol 181 no. 5 (2009), pp. 2181-2186 [10.1016/j.juro.2009.01.037] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Stepp, KJ; Lasch, SJ; Mangel, JM; Wu, JM, Objective structured assessment of technical skills for repair of fourth-degree perineal lacerations., American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 199 no. 6 (2008), pp. 676.e1-676.e6 [10.1016/j.ajog.2008.07.054] [abs].
- Geller, EJ; Siddiqui, NY; Wu, JM; Visco, AG, Short-term outcomes of robotic sacrocolpopexy compared with abdominal sacrocolpopexy., Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 112 no. 6 (2008), pp. 1201-1206 [10.1097/AOG.0b013e31818ce394] [abs].
- Siddiqui, NY; Paraiso, MFR, Vesicovaginal fistula due to an unreported foreign body in an adolescent., Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, vol 20 no. 4 (2007), pp. 253-255 [10.1016/j.jpag.2006.10.003] [abs].
- Stepp, KJ; Siddiqui, NY; Emery, SP; Barber, MD, Textbook recommendations for preventing and treating perineal injury at vaginal delivery., Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 107 no. 2 Pt 1 (2006), pp. 361-366 [10.1097/01.AOG.0000196502.33265.a4] [abs].